Saturday, October 4, 2008

Westside Pharmacy (Update #1)!!!!!!!

What's good people? I know yall are wondering what's goin on in regard to the release of my new album Westside Pharmacy!! By the way, shout out to all the (artists, producers, A&R's, record execs, promoters, ect.) that have been showing me and my management love. But as of now I am officially 100% indie. Meaning, I'm no longer with (Beatmart/Sony/BMG). I actually asked for my release papers a little while ago, and was able to get them not long after. Also, when I say indie that doesn't mean with an indie hip hop label (Babygrande, ABB, Hall of Justus, Stones Throw, etc.). It means that I'm essentially paying for everything out of (my) pocket. That being said, it takes a little longer to release a professional product. Longer than it would if I had the traditional major label machine behind me. Trust me, I took all this into consideration when I decided to go indie again, lol. A couple of the many pros is that, 1)I can move at my own pace, how ever fast or slow that me be, lol. And, 2)I'm free to make my music how ever I wanna make it. As far as the project itself is concerned, its shaping up to be my best work to date. It mostly deals with us as humans, and how fragile we are. How fragile life is, and wether it's (physically, emotionally, mentally, or spiritually), we all need some type of medicine or healing at some point in our lives. I feel like it's gonna be a needed breath of fresh air and a groundbreaking album for Hip Hop, to say the least. I'm a keep yall posted in regard to how the albums is coming along in a couple. Holla!!! (myspace.com/japhialife).

1 comment:

Frances said...

Working for a hospital pharmacy sure is a great since you get to earn while helping a lot of people in return.